I love to travel and I’ve taken hundreds and hundreds of photos on these trips. Besides posting a few on Facebook, I hadn’t really done much with them. Several months ago, I started drawing and painting from some of the more interesting photos, especially ones that contained a vibrant memory. Then I started doing the same for friends and family… and Sketchy Memories was born!
How does this work? Easy peasy!
- Select some photos that would make great Sketchy Memories – see the “Getting Started” page for some tips on choosing your photos. You should have 2 – 4 photos selected even if you want only one piece of art done.
- Choose from 3 sizes of sketch, all that easily fit the most popular size of frames – 5″x7″, 8″x10″, or 11″x14″.
- Use the Contact Form below to contact me with your request, including the number of drawings you’d like done and the sizes. I’ll respond to you with an email address where you can forward the photos you’ve selected as possible subjects.
- I’ll look over the photos and reply to you by email about what I’d suggest, along with a quote and an estimated completion time.
- After receiving payment in full, I’ll start to work.
- When done, I’ll send you a low-resolution and protected image of your finished work by email.
- I’ll ship you the drawing in a protected envelope. It will come without a mat or framing, so that you can decide how you’d like to display your drawing.
How much does it cost?
I will provide you with a quote once I receive your photos and we discuss what you’d like done.
As a guideline, the cost of a commission piece is based on the complexity of the photo subject. The usual ranges are as follows:
5″x 7″ piece ranges $150 – $250
8″x 10″ ranges $200 – $300
11″x 14″ ranges $300 – $500
If there are additional requests or complexities to the piece, we will discuss the cost implications.
Applicable taxes are not included in the price. All prices are in Canadian dollars.
What about shipping or returns or copyright or…?
These important details and others are found on the The Sketchy FAQs page, so PLEASE read through it carefully. Connect to the FAQ Page now.
And if you have further questions, use the Contact Form below to contact me.
Is your memory of your last vacation getting a little sketchy… then let’s get started!
Fill out the Contact Form and I’ll get back to you right away!