Making commissioned art for other people gives me a lot of joy!
Have a travel photo and memory that you love?
A commission of an original artwork makes a unique keepsake and gift!
How does this work? Easy peasy!
- Select some photos that would make great paintings – see the “Your Commission Subject” page for some tips on choosing your photos. You should have 2 – 4 photos selected even if you want only one painting done.
- Choose from 4 popular sizes.
- Use the Contact Form below with your commission request, including the number of paintings you’d like done and the sizes. I’ll send you an email address where you can forward your photos.
- I’ll reply to you by email about what I’d suggest, along with a quote and an estimated completion time. Please note that I only paint commissions in the months between October and February on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- After receiving payment in full, I’ll start to work.
- When done, I’ll send you a preview scanned/photographed image of your finished work by email to ensure your satisfaction.
- I’ll ship you the painting in a protected envelope. It will come without a mat or framing, so that you can decide how you’d like to display your finished commission. If you are local, we can also arrange delivery or pick up.
How much does it cost?
As a guideline, the cost of a commission piece is based on the complexity of the photo subject which determines how long it will take to complete. The size of the painting also factors into the cost, but as a guideline:
5″x 7″ painting starts at $500
8″x 10″ starts at $700
11″x 14″ starts at $1000
2-miniatures set (each miniature is 2.5″ x 3.5″) starts at $500
Once I review your photos, I will send you a quote for your painting/s.
Applicable taxes and shipping costs are not included in the price, but will be noted in your quote. All prices are in Canadian dollars.
More important details are on the The FAQs page, so PLEASE read through it carefully. Connect to The FAQs page now.
And if you have further questions, use the Contact Form below to contact me.