Making art for other people gives me a lot of joy!
Have a travel photo that you love? Or is there a moment in time you’d like to commemorate for you or someone else in ink and watercolour? A commission of an original artwork could be a terrific option.
How does this work? Easy peasy!
- Select some photos that would make great paintings – see the “Your Commission Subject” page for some tips on choosing your photos. You should have 2 – 4 photos selected even if you want only one painting done.
- Choose from 3 sizes, all that easily fit the most popular size of frames – 5″x7″, 8″x10″, or 11″x14″. It is also possible to commission miniatures paintings at 2.5″ x 3.5″, but note that there is a 2-painting minimum.
- Use the Contact Form below to contact me with your request, including the number of paintings you’d like done and the sizes. I’ll respond to you with an email address where you can forward the photos you’ve selected as possible subjects.
- I’ll look over the photos and reply to you by email about what I’d suggest, along with a quote and an estimated completion time. Please note that I only paint commissions in the months when I am not preparing for or participating in art shows – usually October to the beginning of February.
- After receiving payment in full, I’ll start to work.
- When done, I’ll send you a preview scanned/photographed image of your finished work by email to ensure your satisfaction.
- I’ll ship you the painting in a protected envelope. It will come without a mat or framing, so that you can decide how you’d like to display your drawing. If you are local, we can arrange delivery or pick up, as well.
How much does it cost?
I will provide you with a quote once I receive your photos and we discuss what you’d like done.
As a guideline, the cost of a commission piece is based on the complexity of the photo subject which determines how long it will take to complete. The size of the painting also factors into the cost, but as a guideline:
5″x 7″ painting starts at $300
8″x 10″ starts at $500
11″x 14″ starts at $800
Special 2-miniature series starts at $350
Once I review your photos, I will send you a quote for your painting/s.
Applicable taxes are not included in the price, but will be noted in your quote. All prices are in Canadian dollars.
What about shipping or returns or copyright or…?
These important details and others are found on the The FAQs page, so PLEASE read through it carefully. Connect to The FAQs page now.
And if you have further questions, use the Contact Form below to contact me.